Aug 4, 2011

August 4, 2011.

Wow, way overdue on adding new posts here. Part of it is that I’ve been absolutely overwhelmed with great records the last few weeks…not a bad thing at all, but it left me struggling to decide on what to post and what to leave a mystery, the “secret stash” that all true collectors hold close, only revealing it to the most trusted of confidants. Two particular events contributed to the addition of 100+ records to the stacks recently. The first was accidentally stumbling upon a jackpot of rare soul and funk LP’s at a thrift store, with all the records being sold for $3 apiece. The second was the generosity of a family friend, who was kind enough to let me dig through her entire collection and take whatever I wanted for free, these records also being a treasure trove of exclusively exquisite ‘70’s funk and soul. So, fast-forward to now, where I’ve had a couple of work-free weeks to explore these gems, and I still haven’t even scratched the surface…so many amazing finds. I’ll begin with the records below, and will try not to be such a stranger to my own blog through August and September. Lots of catching up to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment