Apr 2, 2011

April 2nd, 2011.

I had very little else to say on the blog during February and March, the loss of Barry Hampton influenced and affected everything else in life.  Barry and I loved records and often discussed them at length, and so to dig back into my own stacks brought sadness and melancholy memories, tears to my eyes, that inescapable VOID that cannot and will never be filled.  However, it was necessary to remind myself that, while these memories would stay with me always, I also needed to move beyond them to move forward, to “walk on” as Barry himself would say.  And so I have, slowly but surely, though every time I hear “She’s Always In My Hair” by Prince I still weep, as I do when I hear “The Song Is Familiar” by Funkadelic.  Somehow the music continues, the cycles and circles broken and unbroken simultaneously.  Here are some more funky grooves for Barry and the rest of the known and unknown universe…love from the four corners…

No comments:

Post a Comment